For some reason, we always want to know why...
- Why did that person think they had the right to cut in front of me in line?
- Why can't I just get the stuff done on my to-do list?
- Why am I so irritable today?
- Why do they think it's OK to make these decisions without consulting me?
- Why do I keep having these negative thoughts?
- Why do people feel the need to kill other people?
And not only do we ask ourselves (and
others) these questions, but then we spend an inordinate amount of time speculating and determining what we think is the answer.